Did you know that you can hire an All-Terrain/Beach Wheelchair from GSAC free of charge?
It can be picked up seven days per week from GSAC at 50 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah – please click HERE for our operating hours
Bookings are essential and need to be made at least 48 hours in advance. To book phone 6625 5370. Please note that GSAC is closed on public holidays so please make arrangements when booking of any extension to the 24 hour loan period.
You will be required to present photo ID to the staff prior to hire and will also undertake a quick safety briefing.
Families are encouraged to book early and remember an individual using the chair is required to be accompanied by a support person at all times and it is highly recommended to be used in environments where it is safe to do so i.e. patrolled beaches and access friendly walking tracks.
More information and conditions of hire can be found below or by contacting GSAC staff on 6625 5370. You can also download the booking form HERE
- This chair is not a flotation device and should not be used in rescue efforts.
- The passenger must use the safety straps at all times.
- If in any danger, the passenger must be unstrapped and rescued immediately and the chair abandoned. At no stage is anyone to put their life at risk to rescue the chair.
- A support person must be present at all times when the chair is in use. Passengers in the chair should never attempt to use this equipment alone.
- The chair may be difficult to push on soft sand for loose gravel. Please take appropriate precautions to prevent injury.
- The support person must take into consideration all needs of the passenger and their associated disability and seek medical advice prior to use.
- It is highly recommended that the chair be used on patrolled beaches and access friendly lakes and walking tracks. Local Councils and National Parks and Wildlife Services can assist in finding the appropriate place to use the chair.
- The chair has a maximum Safe Weight Loading (SWL) of 150kgs.
- The chair can be folded for transportation and the support person must be mindful of hand or finger injuries, particularly if young children are present.
- Item Checklist for return:
- Wheel chair with black wheels
- Large white wheels
- Blue curved handle
- Blue pull handle
- Bucket and yellow brush